4Continents is committed to ensuring that ‘your’ privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using ‘our’ website, then ‘you’ can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
‘We’ may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
‘We’ require this information to understand ‘your’ needs and provide ‘you’ with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- ‘We’ may use the information to improve our products and services.
- ‘We’ may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, ‘we’ may also use ‘your’ information to contact ‘you’ for market research purposes. We may contact ‘you’ by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
‘We’ are committed to ensuring that ‘your’ information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information ‘we’ collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
‘We’ use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve ‘our’ website in order to tailor it to customer needs. ‘We’ only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help ‘us’ provide ‘you’ with a better website, by enabling ‘us’ to monitor which pages ‘you’ find useful and which ‘you’ do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about ‘you’, other than the data ‘you’ choose to share with us.
‘You’ can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but ‘you’ can usually modify ‘your’ browser setting to decline cookies if ‘you’ prefer. This may prevent ‘you’ from taking full advantage of ‘our’ website.
Links to other websites
‘Our’ website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once ‘you’ have used these links to leave our site, ‘you’ should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, ‘we’ cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which ‘you’ provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. ‘You’ should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at address shown in footnote.
‘We’ will not sell, distribute or lease ‘your’ personal information to third parties unless ‘we’ have ‘your’ permission or are required by law to do so. ‘We’ may use ‘your’ personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If ‘you’ would like a copy of the information held on ‘you’, please write to address shown below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Thank you for visiting our Web Site.
This site is owned and operated by 4continents stores, 3-5 Castle Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 5HG. Telephone: 01634 847330. VAT:
© Copyright 4continents September 2012. All rights reserved.